Twenty walkers assembled in Ashton Keynes on Sunday 26 June for an enjoyable walk to a local church of two parts. We left the village by the Thames Path to walk to Waterhay. From there we went by lanes and bridle paths to All Saints church in Leigh. In 1896 the main body of the church and the tower were moved here because of flooding. To then reach the original site of the church we crossed many stiles on field paths and over boggy ground to reach the Chancel. Here we rested a while before continuing on paths back to Ashton Keynes.
Alan, Linda and their several helpers welcomed us to our annual 'Strawberry Tea'. The walkers all tucked into bowls of strawberries and piles of cake, which were washed down with many mugs of tea and coffee.
Starting out from the High Road in Ashton Keynes
All Saint's Church at The Leigh
Tea in the Consevatory
Lovely spread of cakes
Cakes and Chat